Skip to Content

My case was in dependency court, but it is now concluded. Can I modify my parenting plan in family court?


Yes, once your case is concluded in dependency court, you will be provided with an "exit order" which is treated the same way as a judgment from family court. You must still meet the criteria of a substantial change in circumstances to modify an exit order from dependency court. To modify your exit order in family court, you will need to file either a dissolution action (if you are married) or paternity case (if you are not). With either of these actions being filed, you can then file a request to modify the dependency court exit order. A common exit order is for one parent to have supervised visitation. That parent can file a request to modify the supervision requirement after they have completed the requirements imposed by the dependency court (parenting classes, anger management etc.).

Share To: