Child Custody Lawyer in Covina
Need help getting custody of your child?
When a married couple decides to divorce, the situation can be further complicated if they have children. Settling matters of child custody and child support can be contentious for the parents and emotionally traumatic for the children involved.
When facing the realities of a child custody settlement, retaining the services of a seasoned child custody lawyer will help ensure your case is presented fairly and accurately to the judge that is hearing your case.
The Benefits of Working with Attorney Eads
If you are dealing with a child custody issue, then get in touch with my firm, The Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. Here's why you should work with me:
- I have assisted numerous clients in obtaining custody rights to their children and understand all the issues at stake.
- I am AV® Preeminent™ rated in family law by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- I first try to settle your case in mediation, before moving to litigation, so that you can have effective and affordable results.
Contact me at (626) 788-9864 to get in touch today!
Developing a Parenting Plan
Before your case is taken to court, the judge may require you to try and work out a parenting plan, which is also known as a custody and visitation agreement.
It should detail your plan for the following:
- Time: create a regular schedule for when the children will be with which parent
- Decisions: determine who will make the decisions about education, health, and general well-being of the children
When making your parenting plan, it is important that you consider each child's specific needs and desires, as well as make the plan detailed enough so that it will be easy to follow later on.
How Child Custody is Determined
Many factors are taken into consideration when deciding matters of child custody. Both parents will be evaluated based on their stability, monetary situation and ability to care for the children involved. In all cases, the judge will make his or her decision based on what is determined to be in the "best interest" of the children.
The judge will look at certain factors, including:
- If the child will be able to stay in the house they have been living in
- The mental and physical health of the parents
- The child's preference (if they are old enough to make that decision)
- The ability to maintain a stable routine for the child (getting them to school and activities on time, etc.)
In many cases, the parent that receives primary custody may be entitled to child support from the other parent in order to help offset the cost of caring for the children.
Make an Appointment for Your Free Consultation
When fighting for your parenting rights, an attorney from The Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. will help you present your case to the judge to give you the best chance at retaining custody of your children. My firm understands the scary nature of a child custody hearing and will help support you every step of the way.
I have years of experience handling child custody cases and will do everything in my power to ensure you can continue parenting your children. My firm's goal is to help minimize the traumatic nature of a child custody hearing in order to offer you and your family stability during this trying time.
Contact a Covina child custody attorney from my firm today to discuss your child custody options: (626) 788-9864.