Skip to Content

I suspect the other parent may leave the state with our child. How can I bring this matter to the court's immediate attention?


The Court may enter an Ex Parte order either granting or modifying custody unless there has been a showing of immediate harm to the child or immediate risk that the child will be removed from the state of California. As set forth elsewhere, if you provide the requisite notice and file your Ex Parte motion, the Court can issue orders either preventing the other parent from leaving the state with the child or ordering the child to be left behind with the non-moving parent while the other parent moves. Again, timing is key and if you suspect that such a relocation may be likely, don't hesitate and file your Summons, Petition and file your Ex Parte Request for Orders today.

Share To: