Dedicated Representation Exclusively in Family Law Entrust your case to Attorney Paul Eads.

El Monte Divorce Lawyer

Matrimonial & Family Law Attorney in El Monte

The city of El Monte is a mix of residential, industrial and commercial areas, and is a part of Los Angeles County. With the city of Los Angeles to the east, El Monte has its own police department but it contracts with the Los Angeles County Fire Department for fire services and emergency medical response. According to the 2010 census, there were 113,475 people living in El Monte with 54.2% representing married couples living together. When you consider the fact that approximately half of all marriages end in divorce, then it's no surprise that El Monte would suffer the effects of divorce as much as any other town in the greater Los Angeles area.

If you and your spouse are headed towards a divorce, I urge you to contact me at my firm The Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. Even if no one has filed divorce papers just yet, it's a wise idea to learn all about California's laws, especially as they pertain to child custody and visitation, asset division and spousal support. The more you know about what you're getting into, the better you will be able to plan for the upcoming months ahead, and the better your chances of not making any mistakes that can have negative and undesired consequences down the road.

Divorce & Family Law Practice Areas

As a divorced father of three, I completely understand what you are up against and what you are headed towards because I have been there myself. Divorce is not easy on anybody, especially since the things that are most valuable to you are at risk. As an El Monte divorce attorney, I personally handle all aspects of the divorce process, and I also handle post-divorce issues and other family law matters such as paternity and grandparents' rights.

Getting married involves a significant emotional investment and that investment only grows when you have children, buy a home and amass assets together. Because so much energy goes into building a family and a life together, it takes a lot of diligent work to dissolve a marriage, and it should never be handled without qualified legal representation, especially if your spouse has their own attorney.

Depending on your particular circumstances, we will need to take into consideration child custody, visitation, asset division and child support. My goal is to work amicably with your spouse so we can come up with a sound and workable arrangement, and one that you can feel good about. However, if it becomes apparent that you and your spouse are not going to come to terms so easily, I am ready to provide you with aggressive legal representation and to protect your best interests from start to finish.

Are you more interested in getting a legal separation instead of a divorce? There are a number of couples who prefer a legal separation over a divorce, and common reasons include religious or moral beliefs, or sometimes it comes down to health insurance reasons. The beauty of a legal separation is it has the advantages of being married along with the advantages of a divorce, so for some people it truly is the most reasonable solution given their circumstances.

Are you a victim of domestic violence? Domestic violence is not something that only occurs in poor and uneducated families, it happens to people coming from all races, religions and socioeconomic classes. Domestic violence can certainly have an impact on your divorce proceedings; however, it's vitally important that you proceed with caution in order to protect your parental rights. By getting a domestic violence restraining order or order of protection, you may be able to protect yourself and your children and such order may help you when it comes to your child custody proceedings. I am here to explain your rights under California's laws and help you get out of a dangerous situation and into a safe one.

Post-Divorce Legal Services

The one thing about divorce is that hardly anything is final. In life things change, especially as the years go by. For this reason, I frequently assist clients who need to go back to court for either an enforcement of a standing court order, or for a support or custody modification. People get remarried, children grow up and their needs change, and sometimes parents get a higher paying job or they lose their job. All of these situations can give rise to a modification, whether it involves spousal support, child support, or child custody and visitation.

I also assist parents with relocations; when the primary residential parent wishes to move away with their child, they will need to petition the court in order to gain the court's approval. In cases such as these the courts will carefully examine whether or not such a move would be in the child's best interests. I can help parents who wish to relocate and I can help those parents who wish to contest such a move, either way, I am here to help you prepare a compelling case to present before the family court judge.

If you are in need of quality legal services in your family law matter, I suggest you contact me to schedule a consultation where we can go over your concerns and give you clear direction as to how to proceed forward from here. With the right approach, you can look forward to the next chapter in your life.

El Monte Resource Links

Client Testimonials

  • “Mr. Eads worked hard for me and I am confident he will do the same for you.”


  • “Paul is fair and honest and I'm glad I chose him to represent me.”

    Happy Client

  • “Mr. Eads was able to help structure a settlement that allowed me to keep my business while sharing the business debts with my ex.”


  • “I am happy I found him and I recommend him to anyone in need of a family attorney.”

    Silvia M.

  • “His knowledge of the law is impeccable. ”

    Anbu R.

  • “Mr. Eads was very patient with me and was able to resolve my case in a short period of time. ”

    Heather C.

  • “His knowledge and experience in family law radiates through his conversations and he made me feel comfortable.”

    Therisa H.

  • “If you want an excellent attorney with great rates, call Mr. Eads.”

    Roberto V.

  • “I was very pleased with the outcome of my case.”

    Albert N.

  • “The outcome was much more than I ever expected to receive.”


  • “Paul holds his clients needs as priority.”

    Lorraine F.

  • “I decided to hire Mr. Eads based on his experience and the fact that his practice is limited to Family Law.”

    Veronica S.

  • “Mr Eads Esq is the best around. ”

    Chris T.

  • “He answered all my questions and gave me options and was very polite.”

    Youdiski Z.

  • “Mr. Eads, you are a true master in your field.”

    Peter K.