Skip to Content

Are there any safeguards I can take to make sure the other parent does not unilaterally move without giving me any notice of her


It is imperative to include in any custodial agreement or order that each parent shall notify the other parent a minimum of 45 days in advance of any planned change in residence of the child for more then 30 days. With this specific language, if the other party does not give you notice, you can show to the Court that the other party is a vigilante and should not be allowed to move as they cannot abide by the Court's orders. If the party does give you the requisite notice, you will have more then sufficient time to hire an attorney to block the move if it is not in the children's best interest. If you would like assistance in crafting a custody agreement or need custody orders that preserve your rights, contact Covina attorney, Paul Eads.

Share To: