Skip to Content

How do I terminate a guardianship order and have my children returned to me?


A parent seeking to terminate the guardianship has the burden to show the following in order to terminate the guardianship: a) that the initial basis for ordering the guardianship no longer exists & b) that she or he is fit to resume custody. For example, if a parent lost custody of their children due to a drinking problem that resulted in the injury to their child and guardianship was granted to a 3rd party, the parent would have to show their drinking problem has been addressed and that their child will now be safe in their care. Do you need a guardianship order terminated and need the expert care of an attorney to assist you with this endeavor, contact Covina attorney, Paul Eads today.

Share To: