Skip to Content

How does a permanent/judgment custody order effect my right to move out of state?


If you have a permanent/judgment order for custody and visitation that awards you primary or sole physical custody, you are able to relocate (move away [anything in excess of 25 miles]) with the children by petitioning the court to do so. The burden would be on the non-custodial parent to prove that the move would be detrimental to the children. This is a very difficult task compared to parents that have relatively equal time with the children or who have temporary orders. Again, if you need assistance with drafting a permanent order or you or the other parent are talking about relocating with the children, please contact Covina attorney, Paul Eads today.

Share To: